FUTURE PERFECT TENSE
[coverattach=1] 1.1 Form Of Future Perfect Tense
WILL HAVE + V3
S + will have + V3 + O
OI will have finished the work by 7 o’clock
S + will not have + V3 + O
I will not have finished the work by 7 o’clock.
Will + S + have + V3 + O
Will you have finished the work by 7 o’clock?
• I will have left Ankara by the time you receive this letter.
• They will have completed the bridge by the end of the year.
• I save $500 a month. This is February. By next July I will have saved $3000
• We got married in 1980. It’s 2000 now. By 2010 we will have been married for 30 years .
• I hope I will have finished this report by the end of the day.
• We will already have eaten dinner by the time you join us.
1.2 Form Of Future Perfect Continuous Tense
S + will have +been+VING + O
By 7 o’clock, I will have been working for 9 hours.
S + will not have + been +VING + O
By 7 o’clock, I will not have been working for 9 hours.
Will + S +have+been + VING+ O
Will you have been working for 9 hours by 7 o’clock ?
• He will have been working for this company for 35 years by next October.
• By the time we get to Istanbul, I will have been driving for more than 8 hours.
• By the end of this week, I will have been waiting for seventeen weeks for my phone to be repaired.
• We will have been flying non-stop for forteen hours before we get to Hawaii.
1.3 Use Of Future Perfect(Simple) & Future Perfect Continuous
a) Future Perfect Tense, bir eylemin gelecekte belirli bir zamanda tamamlanmış olacağını ifade etmek için by, by the time, and not …..till/until ile kullanılır Future Perfect Tense , complete, finish, retire gibi tamamlanmışlık, bitmişlik ifade eden fiiller ile kullanılır.
• I will graduate in May. I will see you in September. By the time I see you in September, I will have graduated.
• I will have finished the project by the time you arrive at the office tomorrow morning.
• She will have prepared the dinner by the time we get home.
• The scientists will have found the cure for cancer by 2030.
b) The Future Perfect Continuous tense gelecekte bir eylemin , başka bir eylemden önce devam edeceğini ve bu devem edecek olan eylemin süresini belitmek için kullanılıur. The Future Perfect Continuous learn, lie, live rain, sit, wait and work gibi , devamlılık ifade eden fiilerle kullanıldığında, şu anda devam etmekte olan eylemin, gelecekte de devam ediyor olacağını ifade eder.
• I will start working at 10am. Pam will get to the office at 2 pm. I will have been working for four hours by the time Pam get to the office.
• They will have been watching the film for 30 minutes by the time we arrive at the cinema.
• I was born in 1975 and it’s 2001 now. By 2040, I will have been living for 65 years.
c) Bazen the Future Perfect ve the Future Perfect Continuous , aşağıdaki örneklerde olduğu gibi aynı anlama gelir. HHer iki zamanda da belirtilen aktivitenin , gemişte başlamış olabileceğini de unutmayınız.
• When Mr.Lane retires next month, he will have worked for our company for 40 years.
• When Mr.Lane retires next month, he will have been working for our company for 40 years.